Reasons for Flat Cookies :
- There are quite some reasons why cookies come super flat after bake…here are some from my experience and learning…
- May be the flour is too less. If your cookies come flat and a bit greasy, then try adding 1/4 cup more of flour to cookie batter and see.
- May be Oven temperature is too high. I prefer 320 F to bake cookies.
- Baking Soda is a must for rise in cookies.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Super chewy and chocolaty plant-based cookies made with simple pantry staples and few steps.
- 1 & 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Plant Milk Almond Milk
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, milk, oil and mix to get smooth paste using a fork.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to same bowl and mix together. Do not over mix.
- Keep mix in refrigerator for 15 mins.
- Scoop equal sizes of cookie dough and place on parchment lined baking tray. Leave 1 inch gap in between for cookies to expand.
- Bake at 320 F for 12 mins and let cookies cool down a bit before placing on cooling rack or container.
- Serve warm with Plant-milk or as it is!
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!