Vegan | Gluten-Free
Need a little change in your breakfast? like a little sweet & sour? and also healthy? you are in right page! This recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins call for plant-based, gluten-free ingredients that are super healthy, just like oatmeal! And also great for meal prep!
What you need to make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
To make this recipe completely healthy and gluten-free, I used Almond Meal as base of the recipe! which means ‘no All Purpose Flour’. I know, Almond meal can be a little expensive compared to plain flour, in such case, we can substitute almond meal with gluten-free All Purpose Flour or Oat Flour. The rest of the ingredients are simple and economical to find.
- Almond Meal
- Tapioca Flour
- Apple Sauce
- Brown Sugar/Coconut Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Poppy Seeds
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
- Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add apple sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and give a quick mix with a spatula.
- To the same bowl, add almond meal, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix everything together.
- Add poppy seeds at last and mix to combine.
- Transfer batter to muffin pan equally. Can fill batter to the edge of muffin pan as almond meal will not double in size like plain flour.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 mins or till top turns a little brown in color!
Serve warm as it is or with drizzle of maple syrup.
If you like this or any of The Guccha’s recipes, please come back and leave a comment! That means a lot to me! And if you took the picture of the dish, tag me @theguccha on Instagram, would love to share it in my stories!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- OXO non-stick Muffin Pan
- 3/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners and keep aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix together. Transfer batter to muffin pan equally.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 mins or till top turns a little brown in color.
- Serve warm as it is or with drizzle of maple syrup!