Where are all my chocolate lovers..? I am not a big fan of chocolate but do enjoy it occasionally. This recipe is great for both chocolate fanatics and others. If you enjoy sweets but also trying to stay healthy, this recipe is perfect and also it is made using 100% plant-based ingredients!
What you need to make Chocolate Coconut Truffles?
We do find such healthy snacks pre-made in stores now a days, then why do we need to make them from scratch? Well, this recipes needs just a handful of ingredients ( which you might already have at home ) and making at home is more economical. Trust me, you will be proud to make them at home!
- Shredded Coconut
- Almond Meal
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate
- Sea Salt
How to make Chocolate Coconut Truffles?
Add all ingredients except chocolate to a food processor and blend for a minute or two. Check if the consistency of the mixture is like wet sand, we have to shape bite size bites out of it. When mixture is ready, shape it into bite-size bites and place on a plate or tray. Place in refrigerator for 15-20 mins.
If you are mixture is very sticky or runny, add more coconut little by little and check the consistency. If mixture is too dry, add more maple syrup or milk of choice little by little to get desired texture.
Wet your hands a little if using bare hands to make coconut bites ( mixture can be a little sticky because of maple syrup )
When coconut bites are firm enough and are out of refrigerator, melt dark chocolate chips in a bowl. Use either double boiler method or microwave for one-minute in 30 sec intervals. When chocolate is completely melted, dip coconut bites in chocolate and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat till all coconut bites are covered in chocolate. Keep them in cool dry place for 10-15 mins and enjoy with a tiny sprinkle of sea salt if desired!
Enjoy these homemade, raw, chocolate cuties without any guilt. And the best thing, you made them!
If you made or enjoyed any of The Guccha’s recipes, please comeback and leave a comment/review of how you liked it. It means a lot to me! And if you took an image of the dish, tag me @theguccha on Instagram, would love to share them on my stories!
For more Chocolate Recipes,
Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Ninja Professional
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips dark
- Add all ingredients except chocolate to a food processor and blend for a minute or till everything is well combined.
- Blended mix should have wet sand consistency and can be moldable by hand. Make bite size balls out of blended coconut mix and keep in refrigerator for 15-20 mins.
- When coconut bites are firm enough and out of refrigerator, melt dark chocolate in microwave for 1 min in 30 seconds interval. Dip coconut bites in melted dark chocolate and place on parchment paper line tray/plate. Repeat till all coconut bites are covered in chocolate.
- Place them in a cool dry place for 15 mins before serve. Enjoy as it is or with a tiny sprinkle of Sea salt on top!