Imagine warm, moist pumpkin bread slice with drizzle of maple syrup as breakfast in cold winter mornings…you must be drooling! And one more good thing is, you can make this bread ahead and just warm it in busy mornings!
- Can use store bought unsweetened pumpkin puree or can make at home.
- To make pumpkin puree at home, slice a medium size pumpkin to half, keep cut side facing down on a baking tray and bake at 400 F for 30-40 mins.
- Scoop out baked pumpkin and blend it to smooth paste. Your homemade pumpkin puree to ready to use.
- You need 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree for this recipe, can store remaining puree in an air-tight container in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Use Flaxseed meal or Chia seeds in place of egg for this recipe.
- Some prefer mixing their chia or flaxseeds in water before adding to batter, that works too.
- I like to add chia or flaxseed to dry mixture over to wet ingredients of batter. Both methods work!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Moist and light Pumpkin Bread made with plant-based ingredients. Perfect as warm breakfast for cold winter mornings!
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chia seeds and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add pumpkin puree, sugar, milk, oil and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Transfer batter to parchment lined loaf pan ( 8 by 4 ) and bake at 320F for 60 mins or till you see a crack on top.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the loaf pan.
- Slice when warm and serve with drizzle of maple syrup on top!
- Add pumpkin seeds or other nuts of choice on top before bake as garnish.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!