Truly yummy, comforting breakfast ever! Made using simple plant-based ingredients and takes less time to prepare in busy mornings. Definitely will be loved by both kids and adults!
- Use plant-based milks like coconut, almond or soy in place of regular cow milk. I used coconut milk for this recipe, as I love the combination of coconut and cinnamon.
- Use coconut cream in place of regular milk cream. You can buy coconut cream from grocers in a can..Or get full fat coconut milk ( canned ) and place it in refrigerator overnight. Open the lid next day morning and you will find thick cream on top of the can, use that!
- If you don’t prefer taste of coconut, you can find other creamers like almond, cashew, hazelnut…if cannot find in stores near you, try online!
- You can use 1 tbsp of flax seed meal or chia seeds in place of eggs.
- To be honest, I did not find much difference in texture/taste by using flax seed meal or chia seeds in my french toast.
- As they are good for overall health, it is better to include them in breakfast if possible!
Vegan French Toast
- 1 cup Milk coconut
- 3/4 cup Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- Butter vegan
- Powdered Sugar optional
- Fresh Berries optional
- Add milk, cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract to a large bowl or baking dish and mix to combine.
- Place a non-stick pan on heat and add 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Soak up bread slice in the mixture and pan roast on both sides.
- Serve warm with drizzle of maple syrup or powdered sugar. Add fresh berries on top if needed.
- Use any kind of plant milk in place of coconut milk.
- Add cinnamon powder gradually to taste, as it may overpower.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!