Two secrets in making best bruschetta..
- Use fresh ingredients : don’t compromise with ingredients for this simple to make appetizer. Highly recommend using fresh tomatoes & basil leaves over canned or dried.
- Get vinaigrette glaze : no matter how much olive oil or butter you use in this recipe…vinaigrette glaze makes all the difference. It is affordable and can be found in almost all local grocers.
Classic Italian Bruschetta
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 8-9 Basil Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, chopped tomato, chopped basil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar to a bowl and mix together. Keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- In meantime, slice banquette to 1/2-inch slices and line on a parchment lined baking tray. Rub bread slices with butter or olive oil and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 mins or till bread turns crisp.
- Top baked bread with tomato basil mix before serve as it softens bread if added before.
- Drizzle vinaigrette glaze on top and serve!
- Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Can use Roma Tomatoes in place of Cherry Tomatoes.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram and Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!