Best party appetizer you could serve your guests! Easy to make Classic Italian Bruschetta with just a handful of ingredients and simple recipe steps. Trust me, just the look of these bruschetta’s will satisfy your guest!
Ingredients to make Italian Bruschetta
- Cherry Tomatoes or Roma Tomatoes.
- Fresh Basil Leaves. Get fresh basil leaves over dried ones. If you are a fan of Italian cooking or basil flavor, grow small basil in your backyard or patio. Basil is very easy to grow and trust me it saves you a lot of money.
- Garlic Cloves.
- Olive Oil.
- Balsamic Vinegar.
- Butter. If you are vegan or prefer to avoid dairy, use olive oil in place of butter and skip the use of mozzarella cheese. It still tastes great!
- Mozzarella Cheese.
- Balsamic Glaze. Highly recommend using it on your bruschetta. I tried it once and now I cannot eat bruschetta without the glaze. SO GOOD!
- Baguette (french bread). One baguette gives to approx 7-8 slices to make bruschetta, so get as you need. Baguette usually goes bad faster than regular bread when kept on the countertop, try getting it a day before you are planning to make bruschettas.
How to make Classic Italian Bruschetta
- Add olive oil and garlic to a bowl and let sit aside for 10 mins. This gives us garlic-infused olive oil, enjoy the smell!
- In meantime, dice tomatoes and chiffonade ( just a fancy word for slicing ) basil.
- Add prepared tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar to garlic-infused olive oil and mix everything well. Keep it aside till we prepare the bread.
- Slice baguette to 1/2-inch slices and place on a parchment-lined baking tray, do not overcrowd the bread slices, just place a single layer.
- Rub each bread slice with butter ( or garlic-infused olive oil ) and top with mozzarella cheese. Now bake at 350F for 10 mins ( bake time depends on the temperature settings of your oven, once I did the same recipe at our cousin’s place and their oven burned the bread in 5 mins, so check how it goes with yours )
- When the baked bread is a little warm to handle, top it with 2 tbsp of the prepared tomato mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately as you do not want to serve bruschetta with soaked bread.
Interested in Video Recipe..? Check out @theguccha on Instagram for fun stop-motion video of this recipe!
Tips to make best Bruschetta
- Use fresh ingredients: don’t compromise with ingredients for this simple to make appetizer. Highly recommend using fresh tomatoes & basil leaves over canned or dried.
- Use balsamic glaze: no matter how much olive oil or butter you use in this recipe…balsamic glaze makes all the difference. It is affordable and can be found in almost all local grocers.
Classic Italian Bruschetta
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 8-9 Basil Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Baguette
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, chopped tomato, chopped basil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar to a bowl and mix together. Keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- In meantime, slice baquette to 1/2-inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Rub bread slices with butter or olive oil and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 F for 10 mins or till bread turns crisp.
- Top baked bread with tomato basil mixture before serve as it softens bread if added before.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top and serve!
- Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Can use Roma Tomatoes in place of Cherry Tomatoes if needed.
- Check notes above for detailed recipe steps.