One-pot creamy orzo with mushrooms, spinach, cheese, cream…and good spices…what can be a better dinner option than this!! Ready to serve in less than 30 mins but tastes so rich and keeps you full for long time. I enjoy and love eating spicy foods, especially Indian cuisine during cold months..but recently craving for warm, creamy and comforting foods like this Mushroom Orzo!
Creamy Mushroom Orzo
- 1 cup Mushrooms cut in half
- 1/4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Orzo
- 1/4 cup Onion white, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Thyme fresh or dried
- 1/2 tbsp Parsley fresh or dried
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 3-4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- In a pot, add oil, when oil is hot, add mushrooms and saute for 3-4 mins or till mushrooms are cooked but holds the shape.
- Remove mushrooms from pot and add diced onion and chopped garlic to same pot ( add 1 tbsp more of oil if needed ). Cook till onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add cooked mushrooms to pot with onions and mix together.
- Add Orzo, vegetable broth to pot and cook for 3-4 mins on medium flame ( keep stirring in between to avoid burn at bottom of pot )
- Add 1/4 cup water if needed.
- When orzo looks almost cooked, add cream, spinach, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix once and keep flame on low.
- Add grated cheese before turning off the flame. Serve warm!
- Add 2-3 tbsp of whole milk before serve if pasta thickens before serving.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram and Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thanks for the support!
See you in the next post!