Pesto…a super easy recipe that goes well with any vegetable, especially tomatoes & potatoes! Which combo do you like most…? My first choice would be with potatoes and then tomatoes. If you are just like me..you will love this Pesto Potato Salad made with simple ingredients and makes great weeknight dinner! – Pesto Potato Salad
How much do you love and how much do you use those jewel looking cherry tomatoes..?? I have them in my refrigerator all the time but I mostly use them in salads or just as a snack once in a while…and there are days where I have to trash them too. Next time, when you have a handfull of juicy cherry tomatoes but not sure what to make with them…try this galette recipe..trust me, you will thank me later!
If you are looking for more Tomato-based Recipes, try these:
Cherry Tomato Pesto Galette
- 1 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter cold
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Water cold
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, cubed cold butter and mix till no lumps of butter is seen. ( or use a food processor )
- When flour looks like wet sand, add salt and mix.
- Add 1 tbsp of cold water at a time and make a soft dough.
- Wrap in cotton cloth or plastic and keep in refrigerator for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- In meantime, prepare Pesto by blending basil leaves, cashew nuts, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, pepper, salt and sun-dried tomato.
- When dough is ready, roll smooth on flour dusted surface and using a large round cookie cutter or a plate of desired size, cut rolled dough to rings, make as many as possible.
- Add pesto to each ring and topped with cherry tomatoes, leaving gap to pull the dough up.
- Transfer to parchment lined baking tray and bake at 425F for 30-45mins.
- Add parmesan cheese on top before bake if needed. Serve warm and sprinkle salt and pepper if needed!
- Use Almonds or Pine nuts in place of Cashew if needed.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!