Being from Indian background I am not used to eating a lot of spaghettis or noodles and mostly prefer rice with curry. Recently I started trying out different pestos at home and so far in love with sun-dried tomato pesto, it tastes very similar to one of the chutneys my mother makes back at home! Taste of this pesto is very hard to explain in words, it just makes you to take another bite to guess the taste. And the combination of this pesto with soft spaghetti…its a different level! When you get that taste of pesto with every single bite…trust me you will love it!
And seriously, who has hours of time to cook..? especially dinner…? this recipe takes less than 20 mins to make…and the whole family will love it! I am saying it so confidently because..my non-vegan husband completed his whole plate ( he loves meat ).
More Pesto Recipes…try Pesto Potato Salad.
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Spaghetti
- 1 pack Spaghetti gluten-free
- 1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves fresh
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil or as needed
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Pepper or as needed
- Boil spaghetti as instructed on the package, mostly takes 5-8 mins.
- In meantime prepare pesto by blending sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, walnuts, salt & pepper.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain water and drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil. Add half of prepared pesto and mix well with spaghetti.
- Add remaining half of pesto on top before serve. Garnish with cherry tomatoes & fresh basil if needed!
- Adjust salt & pepper as needed.
- Make sure to get gluten-free spaghetti if you are highly allergic to gluten.
- Can use Pine Nuts or Almonds in place of Walnuts.
- For nut-free recipe avoid nuts and reduce the amount of basil & lemon juice by half.
- If feeding this to kids, replace pepper with red chili flakes.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!