Roasted Tomato SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Medium
5 Roma Tomatoes
4-5 Garlic Cloves
1/2 White Onion
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
3-4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Vegetable Stock
Croutons ( for garnish )
- Place half sliced Tomatoes, Onion and garlic cloves on a baking tray. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top of tomatoes & Onion.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 mins or till brown spots appear on tomatoes.
- In a large sauce pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. When oil is hot, add baked tomatoes, onion and garlic to sauce pan.
- Add vegetable stock, 1/2 cup water and simmer for 30 mins.
- Blend everything in a regular blender or using immense blender.
- Serve with coconut cream drizzle & croutons!
- Add more salt and pepper if need after blending.
- If using a regular blender, fill only 3/4 of blender as hot liquids expand.
- Remove skin of tomatoes after bake for extra smooth soup.
- Can add 1 medium size Carrot along with tomatoes for extra sweetness.
- Can store in refrigerator for 2-3 days in an air-tight container.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!