I know what you all classic lemonade lovers are thinking..’why to alter the best recipe and create this new one..?’ For that, you first need to taste this to change your opinion! We all know watermelon taste great as it is but have you ever felt it’s a little bit boring sometimes..? Watermelon juice is definitely best with some ice on a hot summer day but if you can remember how many times do we get that perfect sweet watermelon from store…have you ever got that bland taste watermelon..? I got many times ( i know my ‘luck’ ). Next time when you get such not so tasty watermelon, add some lemons and make this refreshing Watermelon Lemonade!
Fun Facts about Watermelon!
- Nature is very clever….watermelon is best during hot summer days and really no other fruit can give such refreshment as chilled watermelon slices. Just think, if two plates of fresh fruits one with berries, peaches, banana and other with chilled watermelon slices is given to you on a hot summer day, which would you choose…? Of course WATERMELON! That is the reason watermelon can only grow on hot conditions like the best temperature to grow watermelons is above 95F. And watermelons are native to Africa!
- We call everything that tastes sweet as fruit….just how we think watermelon is a fruit. But in fact watermelon is a Vegetable and belongs to the family of pumpkins, squash, cucumbers.
- Do you know square Watermelons exist..? but they are manmade, I mean the shape is manmade. Japan makes them in square or cube shape using a mold…they taste same and are mostly ornamental. They cost high like $100 for one watermelon.
You will need..!
- Of course Watermelon! I highly recommend to use fresh watermelon juice made at home over store bought pre-made juice. If have to use store bought, get unflavored watermelon juice. You will need 1/2 gallon ( 8 cups ) of watermelon juice for 3-4 people.
- 2 large Lemons. Use 1 more lemon you you prefer that tangy taste, I am happy with 2!
- 3-4 tbsp of Sweetener. This is optional if you get super sweet watermelon or you want to avoid additional sweeteners. I used monk fruit sweetener, you can also use something like powdered sugar or stevia or simple syrup.
- And the mandatory…Ice!
- In a large pitcher or bowl add watermelon juice, juice of 2 lemons, sweetener and mix till sweetener is well combined.
- Add ice and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh mint!
Watermelon LemonadeCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1/2 gallon ( 8 cups ) Watermelon Juice
3-4 tbsp Sweetener
- In a large pitcher or bowl, add watermelon juice, juice squeezed from 2 lemons, sweetener and mix till sweetener is well combined.
- Add ice and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves if needed.
- Sweetener options: Powdered Sugar, Stevia, Simple Syrup
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!