How to enjoy!
- Eat as it is by dipping in Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise. Perfect as appetizers.
- Use as patties in Burger, just make a little bigger in size.
- Can Deep-fry or Pan-fry or Bake.
- Deep frying is best to get extra crispiness. Pan fry is comfortable to cook, takes less time and still has enough crispness. Baking is perfect for no-oil diets, tastes good but appearance is not as appetizing as deep fried or pan-fried.
Crispy Vegetable PattiesCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Medium
2 cups chopped Cabbage
1 cup chopped Cauliflower
1/4 cup chopped Carrot
2 medium size Potatoes
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
1 tsp Red Chillies Powder or paprika
1/2 tsp Salt ( or as needed )
2 tbsp Corn Starch
3 tbsp Chickpea Flour
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Boil potatoes in a sauce pan or in microwave. Don’t need mashed potato texture but need to be cooked soft.
- Finely chop Cabbage, cauliflower and carrot. Food processor is perfect to get desired size.
- In a large frying pan, add all chopped vegetables ( except potato ) and saute for 15 mins on medium flame. Do not add salt at this step as vegetables will release water and it will be hard to mold later.
- When vegetables are lightly cooked, turn off flame and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle add boiled potatoes, salt, red chillies powder, cumin seeds powder, cilantro, corn starch and mix together by hand. If mixture is not thick enough to mold, add 2 tbsp more of corn starch.
- Place a wide mouth pan on medium to high flame with oil sufficient for deep fry.
- In a small bowl add chickpea flour, 2 tbsp of water and mix without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- In another plate or bowl add bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Make medium size patties by hand, dip in chickpea flour batter then in bread crumbs and carefully fry in hot oil. Fry till patties turn golden brown in color.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup or use as patties in burger!
- Pan-Fried Patties:
In a non-stick pan, add 3-4 tbsp of oil. When oil is hot add breaded patties and cook on both sides till patties turn golden brown in color.
- Baked Patties:
Pre-heat oven to 350 F. In a parchment lined baking tray, add breaded patties and bake for 15 mins. Flip the patties and bake for another 10 mins.
Drizzle oil on patties before baking if needed.
- Optional Indian Spices: 1 tbsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala.
- Vegetarian Option: Add 1/4 cup of Soft Cheese (Paneer) along with Boiled Potatoes to cooked vegetable mix.
- Storage: Can store non-fried/baked patties in freezer for 3-4 days.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!