Tomato Coconut Curry
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 strand of Curry Leaves optional
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 cup Coconut Milk full fat
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder or as needed
- 3 tbsp Roasted Peanuts or Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as needed
- Thai Basil for garnish
- In a medium sized cooking pot add oil, when oil is hot add cumin seeds, turmeric, curry leaves, slit green chillies and saute for a minute ( don not burn cumin seeds, keep flame on medium ).
- Add thinly sliced onion and cook till onions turn translucent. Add cubed tomatoes and cook for 3-4 mins or till tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add salt, red chili powder and mix everything. Reduce the flame to low and add coconut milk. Keep flame on low and cook till coconut milk bubbles. Add nuts before turning off the flame and mix once.
- Turn off flame and serve with rice or quinoa!
- Can easily find curry leaves in any Indian stores, curry leaves enhances flavor of any curry.
- Can substitute red chili powder with pepper or paprika.
- Tastes a lot better when served warm or hot.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!