Many gluten-free, healthy recipes we see on web use Oat Flour as base or main ingredient. And making oat flour at home is very easy and can guarantee freshness. All you need are Rolled Oats, a blender and 3 mins of time!
Types of Oats to use:
- Rolled Oats or Old-fashioned Oats : I use rolled oats for all of my recipes and for this Oat Flour too. They are lightly processed and great in Oats porridge too. If you have rolled oats at home, highly recommend to use them.
- Steel Cut Oats : less processed and has high fiber content over rolled oats. Can use to make oat flour but may require a bit more time to blend to smooth flour.
- Instant Oats : more processed compared to rolled and steel-cut oats but still has sufficient nutrient content. Can use to make oat flour too!
Try using a high-speed blender over food processor to get smooth flour texture.
How to make Oat Flour
- 2 cups Oats rolled
- Add oats to a blender and blend for 1-2 mins or till you get smooth texture.
- store in an air-tight container in refrigerator. can use for a week.
- or add flour to a zip-lock bag and store in freezer. can use for 2 weeks.
- since its homemade, cannot be stored at room temperature for more than 2-3 days.
- make flour in small batches for freshness!
Healthy Breakfast Recipes..??
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!