Easy to make, creamy and cozy Oats Porridge made with simple ingredients that might be lying in your pantry. Perfect warm breakfast idea that can be prepared in 10 mins!
This post is updated with new images and recipe steps.
Ingredients to make Creamy Oats Porridge
- Rolled Oats, gluten-free.
- Soy Milk or milk of choice, preferably plant-based milk.
- Flaxseed Meal.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Fresh Fruits.
- Nut Butter, optional.
Nut Butter: I use Peanut Butter in my oatmeal bowl, I would highly recommend adding a tbsp of any nut butter to your oats porridge bowl to keep you full for a longer time and add good fats to your diet.
*If you have gluten intolerance or serving this to someone with intolerance, PLEASE double-check the ingredients before serving.
How to make Oats Porridge
- In a sauce pan, add water, rolled oats and cook for a minute on medium flame.
- Add soy milk, mashed banana, flaxseed meal, vanilla extract to oats and cook on medium heat for 4-5 mins. Keep stirring in between to avoid burn at bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the flame and let oats porridge cool a bit before serve.
- Serve warm with fresh fruits and nut butter of choice!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 Mashed Banana ripe
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal or Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Fruits for toppings
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter or any nut butter
- In a saucepan, add water, oats and bring to boil. When you see oats thickening, add soy milk, mashed banana, flaxseed meal, vanilla extract, and cook for 4-5 mins on low flame.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the flame, serve warm with fresh fruits/nut butter/seeds!
- Add mashed apple and ground cinnamon for that wintery taste.
- Better served immediately, if not store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2 days. Add fruits and another topping before serving.