Pineapple Fried Rice
Yummy, quick fried rice recipe with pineapple and cashews. Lot better than your take-outs!
- 2 cups Cooked Rice, short grain or 1/2 cup raw rice
- 1/2 of a Onion
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger
- 1-2 Hot green chilies
- 1 medium Carrot
- 2 Green Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Pineapple fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp roasted Cashews
- Tofu as topping, optional
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- To cook rice, add 1 & 1/2 cup uncooked rice to 3 & 1/4 cup water and cook on medium flame till all water is gone and rice looks cooked.
- Cool cooked rice completely before using in Fried Rice, left over rice is perfect for this recipe.
- Finely chop onion, carrot, green onion, green chili and keep aside.
- Mince garlic cloves and finely chop Ginger and keep all ingredients ready.
- In a large frying pan add cooking oil. When oil is hot add cumin seeds, minced garlic, finely chopped ginger, chopped green chili and fry for a minute ( do not burn cumin seeds ).
- Add soy sauce and fry for a second.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry for 3-4 mins or till onions turn translucent. Add chopped carrot and saute till carrot is well cooked.
- Add cooked & cooled rice and mix everything together. Add chopped pineapple pieces, salt, pepper and mix everything once.
- Turn off flame and when fried rice is still hot, add chopped green onion, roasted cashew nuts and mix everything together.
- Add pan-fried Tofu as topping if needed. Serve warm!
- Use different type of veggies like beans, broccoli along with carrot if needed.
- Use 2 tbsp of Raisins along with cashews if you like that sweetness in your fried rice. Make sure to fry raisins in a tbsp of oil before adding to fried rice.
- For vegetarian option, use soft cottage cheese in place of Tofu as topping.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!