Pineapple Fried Rice
Yummy, quick fried rice recipe with pineapple and cashews. Lot better than your take-outs!
- 2 cups Cooked Rice, short grain or 1/2 cup raw rice
- 1/2 of a Onion
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger
- 1-2 Hot green chilies
- 1 medium Carrot
- 2 Green Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Pineapple fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp roasted Cashews
- Tofu as topping, optional
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
To cook rice, add 1 & 1/2 cup uncooked rice to 3 & 1/4 cup water and cook on medium flame till all water is gone and rice looks cooked.
Cool cooked rice completely before using in Fried Rice, left over rice is perfect for this recipe.
Finely chop onion, carrot, green onion, green chili and keep aside.
Mince garlic cloves and finely chop Ginger and keep all ingredients ready.
In a large frying pan add cooking oil. When oil is hot add cumin seeds, minced garlic, finely chopped ginger, chopped green chili and fry for a minute ( do not burn cumin seeds ).
Add soy sauce and fry for a second.
Add finely chopped onion and fry for 3-4 mins or till onions turn translucent. Add chopped carrot and saute till carrot is well cooked.
Add cooked & cooled rice and mix everything together. Add chopped pineapple pieces, salt, pepper and mix everything once.
Turn off flame and when fried rice is still hot, add chopped green onion, roasted cashew nuts and mix everything together.
Add pan-fried Tofu as topping if needed. Serve warm!
- Use different type of veggies like beans, broccoli along with carrot if needed.
- Use 2 tbsp of Raisins along with cashews if you like that sweetness in your fried rice. Make sure to fry raisins in a tbsp of oil before adding to fried rice.
- For vegetarian option, use soft cottage cheese in place of Tofu as topping.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!