Roasted ChickpeasCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 cup Dry Chickpeas ( or 2 cups canned Chickpeas )
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika ( or Chili Powder )
1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
1/2 tsp Chole Masala ( optional )
- If using canned Chickpeas, skip preparation and start process.
- Soak dry chickpeas in 3 cups of water overnight. Drain water and cook soaked chickpeas in 2 cups of water for 30 mins or till chickpeas are soft to chew but still in shape.
- Strain water if any and let cooked chickpeas dry on paper towel or cotton cloth for 10 mins.
- Place cooked or canned chickpeas on baking tray ( do not overcrowd, leave space in between chickpeas. Bake at 350 F for 30 mins.
- Remove try from oven, drizzle olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin seeds, chole masala, chopped cilantro and mix everything once. Bake again at 350 F for 15 mins.
- Serve as it is or use as toppings in salads & soups!
- Can store for 3-4 days in room temperature.
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!