Upside Down Peach Cake
- 1 & 1/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Essence
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Peaches
- Grease cake pan with vegan butter or coconut oil, line parchment paper at bottom of the pan and dust with sugar ( this helps in caramelization )
- Cut peaches and fry them on frying pan with 1 tbsp of vegan butter or coconut oil. Fry for 2-3 mins on both sides.
- Place fried peaches on prepared cake pan at bottom as you like. Make sure not to leave too much gap.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and mix well. Add all wet ingredients milk, oil, vanilla extract, almond essence to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Transfer the batter to cake pan on top of lined peaches.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 mins. Spelt flour might take longer time to cook than plain flour, if batter is not cooked for 25 mins..bake for another 4-5 mins.
- Serve with hot tea!
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram & Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!