Protein-packed, healthy, Protein Chocolate Smoothie made with simple ingredients that are readily available in your pantry. The combination of chocolate with ripe banana makes this smoothie very tasty without the addition of any extra sugars.
Smoothies are often misunderstood as a healthy breakfast that does not taste great, as a matter of fact, smoothies do taste yummy when made in the right way. For example, the use of banana and nut butter in any smoothie gives it a rich taste. Not to mention, the use of cacao powder with hazelnut butter in this smoothie gives it a taste of chocolate, so no more excuses to skip your morning smoothies.
Ingredients to make Protein Chocolate Smoothie
- Ripe Banana.
- Almond Milk or any milk of choice.
- Cacao Powder.
- Chocolate Whey Protein.
- Hazelnut Butter.
Banana: Use a ripe banana with brown spots to make the smoothie sweet without adding any sweeteners. Freeze banana to use in the smoothie instead of normal banana to make smoothie similar to nice cream ( healthy ice cream ).
Almond Milk: I used almond milk in this smoothie recipe because the combination of chocolate with almonds is evergreen, use any milk of your choice if needed.
Hazelnut Butter: Make homemade hazelnut butter if you have a handful of hazelnuts at home. To make homemade hazelnut butter, dry roast raw hazelnuts and blend for 2-3 mins or till you get the nut butter consistency.
*If you have gluten intolerance, PLEASE double-check the ingredients before use, gluten intolerance can be deadly to some.
How to make Protein Chocolate Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a blend and blend smoothly.
- Transfer to a serving glass and serve immediately.
- Add 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds or Hemp Seeds to your smoothie for extra nutrients.
- Dark chocolate chips or melted chocolate for more chocolate flavor.
- Use 1/4 cup of rolled oats in the smoothie to make it a filling breakfast.
- Replace apple in place of banana if you prefer to avoid banana for any reason, if not, banana is the best option.
- Use nut butter of your choice like, almond butter or peanut butter in place of hazelnut butter if needed.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Protein Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 Banana ripe
- 1 cup Almond Milk or any milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 scoop Whey Protein chocolate
- 1 tbsp Hazelnut Butter
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend smoothly.
Transfer to a serving glass and serve immediately.