Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a classic recipe that never feels bored. Packed with protein and fiber, this smoothie is perfect as nutritious breakfast any day!
Ingredients to make
If you are making any smoothies try using fresh fruits and greens over frozen ones, now there is nothing wrong with frozen produce, they have the same nutrient values but having cold drinks in the morning is not very much recommended ( you can learn more about the reasons in this book ‘Ayurveda’ by Sahara Rose Ketabi ). As I say, food is definitely a personal choice, so make this smoothie cold or normal as you prefer!
- Bananas ( preferably ripe )
- Peanut Butter ( no sugar added )
- Almond Milk ( or any milk of choice )
- Vanilla Extract ( optional )
Can Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie be considered as complete breakfast?
If you want to make this smoothie as a filling breakfast, add 1/4 cup of rolled oats to the smoothie. There will not be a heavy change in taste and you do feel full after a glass of smoothie.
Can we add greens to this smoothie?
Try adding tender spinach, it will not affect taste much and you do get your greens for the day. But expect a change in the color of the smoothie.
How to make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend smoothly.
- Serve fresh!
If you prefer video recipe for this smoothie check @theguccha on Instagram!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 Banana ripe
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend smooth.
- Serve fresh!
- Add 1/4 cup water to thin the smoothie.
- Add 1 tsp Flaxseed Meal or Chia Seeds to thicken the smoothie.