Refreshing and vibrant Wild Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie packed with flavor and is made using just 6 ingredients. All the ingredients used for this recipe are vegan and gluten-free!!
Ingredients to make Wild Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- Wild Blueberries. I used frozen blueberries that are available at Costco for this recipe, however, you can use regular blueberries too. In case you have fresh blueberries, make sure to freeze them before use, smoothies taste great and refreshing when cold ingredients are used.
- Soy Milk. I use soy milk as a milk substitute most of the time because of the protein content it has. Feel free to use other types of milk as per your preference.
- Coconut Cream. Coconut cream is like heaven to vegans! Firstly, it goes well with most of the recipes either hot or sweet. Secondly, it has a very subtle flavor when added with other strong ingredients like blueberries in this recipe. If you don’t have coconut cream or want to avoid it, Coconut yogurt or soy yogurt can be used in place of coconut cream.
- Maple Syrup. Maple syrup is kind of optional, it just adds a little bit of sweetness to the smoothie. If your blueberries are sweet enough, skip maple syrup. Can use half a ripe banana in place of maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract. Skip using vanilla extract in this smoothie if you have an imitation flavor instead of the natural one. A hint of natural (original) vanilla extract gives a dessert-like flavor to this smoothie.
- Lemon Zest. You will not taste much of the lemon in this smoothie, it just gives a little touch. Highly recommend using it!
Add more nutrition to your Smoothie
Below are some of the healthy food options that can be added to any smoothie recipe, they don’t have a unique flavor and goes well with all the smoothie!
- Flaxseed Meal. Flaxseeds have high omega-3 fats and rich in fiber, have no unique taste. Use 1/2 tbsp of Flaxseed meal to this smoothie recipe for extra fiber!
- Chia Seeds. Chia Seeds are great for health with loads of antioxidants and good protein. If possible use 1/2 – 1 tbsp of chia seeds in this recipe.
- Vanilla Protein Powder. Can use 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder in this recipe. If using vanilla flavored protein powder, skip the use of vanilla extra.
- Greens. If you don’t mind adding greens to your smoothie, add 1/4 cup of fresh spinach leaves to the smoothie.
How to make Wild Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend smoothly.
- Serve fresh with a garnish of mint!!
Wild Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup Wild Blueberries frozen
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cream/Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend smoothly.
- Serve fresh with a garnish of mint!