Anything with potato is my fav! what about you..?? did you said ‘Yes’, then you will love this recipe anyway! if you said ‘No’, you will still love this dish and may also become fan of Potatoes!! To make this dish even more rich and flavorful, I used yogurt with different herbs as the dressing. And I am not exaggerating..this Smashed Potato Salad with Herbed Yogurt is my new favorite!
Potatoes to Use:
- Organic Fingerling Potatoes : I used organic fingerling potatoes for this recipe and highly recommend to use organic potatoes if consuming with potato peel.
- Baby Potatoes : Even baby potatoes make good choice for this recipe and same rule goes here too…use organic if possible.
- Regular sized Potatoes : If using regular size potatoes or large potatoes, chop potato to desired size after boiling potatoes. And try to have peel on for all the pieces ( potato peel tastes great in this recipe )
No matter what type of Potatoes you are using, try to eat with potato peel on, as peel gives crispiness to the whole salad!
Smashed Potato Salad with Herbed Yogurt
- 1 lb Potatoes fingerling
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Grated Cheese optional
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 Mint Leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Ground Pepper
- Fill water half way in a medium sized cooking pot. Add potatoes and boil for 15-20 mins or till potatoes are cooked for fork tender.
- When potatoes are cooked but holds the shape, turn off flame and drain water.
- Place cooked potatoes on a parchment lined baking tray leaving gap in between each potato. Smash each potato with potato smasher or with a thick spatula.
- Drizzle oil on each smashed potato and sprinkle salt, pepper. Add grated cheese on top of each potato if needed. Bake at 380F for 20 mins.
- In meantime prepare Herbed Yogurt. In a bowl, add yogurt, minced garlic, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, salt, pepper, thyme and mix well. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- When potatoes are ready, serve potatoes with heavy scoop of herbed yogurt on side. Add shallots on side if desired!
- Use pesto in place of herbed yogurt if desired – Pesto Potato salad
more Potato Recipes…??
How do you like it..? let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow @theguccha on Instagram and Facebook for live updates and video recipes! Thank you for the support!
See you in the next post!